Tuesday 18 January 2011

The Blogosphere Gets Bigger

Fantastic feedback, thanks, to The First Post — and my idea about visiting all Auckland libraries after the council amalgamation is such a good one, somebody else has had it too. Unbeknownst to me, Wendy started her Auckland Libraries Super Tour 2011 two days before my Latitude of Libraries. The more the merrier, I say. Also, Sally Pewhairangi has interviewed me (already!) for her blog, aimed at library staff around NZ. 

And yes, as peajayar comments, public libraries in the UK are facing terrible cuts. Public Library News is on the case, and includes a terrifying map.

Closer to home, today (in an hour or so) I’ll finally get around to reporting my first library visit. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, very distressing the way the austerity cuts are affecting libraries in the UK. Here's a piece from the Guardian about what is happening to some libraries in Yorkshire, including being run by volunteers and combined with a pub! http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jan/11/north-yorkshire-libraries-cuts-closures-big-society

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, absolutely the more the merrier! I think it's going to be an interesting journey, and we're both going to see a lot of Auckland over the next 12 months! Good luck with your next library visit. Wendy

    ReplyDelete